Thursday, March 19, 2020

Thinking in 3's: Psalm 119:145-147

Psa. 119:145 With my whole heart I cry; answer me, O LORD!
I will keep your statutes.
146  I call to you; save me,
that I may observe your testimonies.
147  I rise before dawn and cry for help;
I hope in your words.

As we seek to walk with the Lord, we must beware of those "besetting sins." And, true, they must be dealt with. But those sins are but an expression of a larger, unhealthy condition. Perhaps a part of that condition has to do with a neglect on our part to regularly "cry" or "call" to the Lord in prayer for specific help with our spiritual infirmities. Three times in these verses, the psalmist "cries" or "calls." He does so to the LORD, to Yahweh, our covenant God; he does so with a whole heart, not half-heartedly; he asks for salvation and help; it's the first thing he does in the morning. Let's do the same. Let's be those who cry out to the Lord.

No comments: